I scanned Woolworths in early January for noteworthy new products. Here is a brief run down.. Note 4 hi-protein products ideal for gastric sleeve.
- Vitarium Drinking mixes (chocolate, banana, mocha) – to add to skim milk like Milo. 3 heaped tsp (15g) milo = 60 calories compared to 10 calories in this Stevia sweetened powdered. Mocha taste test: stick to milo. Had that sweetener aftertaste and very sweet.
- Vetta Hi-Fibre spaghetti. With invisible fibre, taste and texture is similar to ordinary spaghetti unlike dark coloured wholemeal varieties. Twice the fibre as standard spag. Worth buying but on sale so not a strong seller.
- Yoplait Plus yogurt with Vitamin D and Calcium. 375mg calcium per 170g tub compared to 240mg in standard yogurt. Good choice for Sleeves but on sale so will it last?
- Chobani low fat Greek style yogurt (and other flavours) twice the protein of standard yogurt with 10g per 100ml.
- Oh Yeah protein bars – not at all Woolworths. None where I shopped but a client told me about they taste better than optifast bars. Website says 25g protein per bar. (Optifast with 20g but 200 cals vs 300 cals in Oh Yeah)
- Jamie Oliver’s Keep it Simple Frozen fish range – lots to choose from and certified sustainable seafood, low in saturated fat, not too high in salt.
- Woolworths frozen fish products – sustainable seafood and low in saturated fat and not too much salt.
- Stewarts Seafood Simply Fish frozen range – sustainable seafood but not low in saturated fat, so choose WW or Jamie Oliver.
Emily’s Kitchen has a range of ready to heat meals in the chilled section, also Macro has a vegetarian range. There is also some nice curries available in another chilled section that look tastier. When you slide open the packets, the Emily’s kitchen range does not look as appetizing as the photo on the front. I guess it gets shaken around more than a frozen meal. Around $8 for 1-2 serves.